Developing Highly Valued Manufacturing for this Generation and the Next
What is Sharing in Growth?
- An industry-led supply chain competitiveness programme funded by government.
Who are Sharing in Growth?
- Experts with more than 2,000 years of industry experience
- Part of the Aerospace Growth Partnership and endorsed by Airbus, BAE Systems, Boeing, Bombardier, GE, GKN, Leonardo, Lockheed Martin, MBDA, Rolls-Royce, Safran and Thales
- A not-for-profit organisation specifically created to deliver benefit.
- And chosen to develop a pilot productivity programme for the off-shore wind supply chain
How is SiG Funded?
- SiG has attracted more than £150 million in private investment and £86 million in public funding
- Participating companies are expected to commit time rather than pay for the training costs – the participating companies’ commitment comes from their time, not their cash.
Who has benefited?
- More than 60 companies, with a total workforce of around 10,000
How to judge programme success?
- More than £4.4 billion in contracts have been secured by companies on the programme, equivalent to 7400 jobs or around 40,000 man-years’ work.
What is the scale of the programme?
- More than 3 million training hours have been delivered.
- Raising companies’ productivity and competitiveness to compete in an international market. Is it on target?
- On target to safeguard 10,000 UK jobs by 2020 and to secure more than £6 billion in contracts, securing over 70,000 man-years of work.
What is the return on investment?
- Companies on the Sharing in Growth programme are delivering a growth rate that is over three times their peer group average
- Every £1 of government investment in Sharing in Growth secures £60 of GVA.
How can my company benefit?
- Ambitious aerospace suppliers with at least £10 million in sales turnover should visit: www.sig-uk.org/apply